Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada’s leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
IT Regional Customer Service Technician
Software & Support Services
This position collaborates and assists the IT Services Department to ensure efficient operation of the organizations IT environment including responding to service requests; performs onsite analysis; planning; diagnosis and resolution of complex computer problems; and other projects as assigned.
The IT Regional Customer Service Technician will play a proactive role in the strengthening of IT capabilities and relationships within the campus community.
Education and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to work well as part of a team and to remain calm in stressful circumstances
– Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and accurately prioritize incidents and service requests to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
– Ability to accurately document instances of equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal
– Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
– Excellent verbal and written English skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients via phone, email, and in person
– Ability to accurately diagnose and resolve problems through active listening, asking appropriate questions and utilizing other tools and assessment methods
– Ability to travel to other campus locations as well as a valid driver’s license
– Ability to work safely at height (ladders, lifts)
– Physically capable of completing bending, reaching, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds)
– Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends based on job demands in progress
Support – Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$48,804 – $55,787
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.