Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada’s leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
IT Regional Customer Service Technician
This position collaborates and assists the IT Services Department to ensure efficient operation of the organizations IT environment including responding to service requests; performs onsite analysis; planning; diagnosis and resolution of complex computer problems; and other projects as assigned.
The IT Regional Customer Service Technician will play a proactive role in the strengthening of IT capabilities and relationships within the campus community.
Education and Experience:
Functions and Duties:
2. Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
3. Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding equipment incidents.
4. Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software as required.
5. Provide technical support to faculty, instructors, staff and students in the basic functions of Okanagan College’s systems, teaching and learning software and video conference technologies. Escalates non-routine requests as necessary.
6. Responsible for set up, operation and take down of IT, Audio and Visual equipment for college functions
7. Performs the physical installation of IT hardware including, wiring, mounting TV’s, projectors, sound systems, network switches, wireless access points, etc.
8. Collaborate with Desktop Resource Coordinator(s) and/or Network Services Coordinator(s) to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop computing environment.
9. Conduct research on end-user devices in support of standardization and procurement efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for deployment.
10. Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution
11. Contribute to technician knowledgebase and training as needed.
12. Provide suggestions and plans for continual improvement.
13. Inventory IT Services managed equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
14. Provide coverage to other IT Customer Service Technicians throughout the College campuses.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to work well as part of a team and to remain calm in stressful circumstances
– Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and accurately prioritize incidents and service requests to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
– Ability to accurately document instances of equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal
– Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
– Excellent verbal and written English skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients via phone, email, and in person
– Ability to accurately diagnose and resolve problems through active listening, asking appropriate questions and utilizing other tools and assessment methods
– Ability to travel to other campus locations as well as a valid driver’s license
– Ability to work safely at height (ladders, lifts)
– Physically capable of completing bending, reaching, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds)
– Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends based on job demands in progress
Support – Regular Part-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$26.82 – $30.65
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our employment site: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.
All applications must be submitted through our employment site to be considered.
Okanagan College is committed to increasing the equitable and inclusive participation of marginalized people in all aspects of college life. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black People, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, people with disabilities and people with diverse gender identities or expressions. People with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, AccessibilityHR@okanagan.bc.ca