Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada’s leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
IT Project Coordinator (On-Call)
Software & Support Services
Education and Experience:
Two year Diploma or technical training in a related discipline or equivalent. PMP designation an asset. A minimum of four years of related project management experience including experience with project management tools and techniques.
Familiarity working in a technical environment and a general understanding of IT subject matter. Experience working in an academic environment would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
• Ability to liaise with clients and assist in the definition and articulation of their requirements
• Ability to produce clear, concise, unambiguous, and easy to read documentation including project charters, plans, requirements, proposals, workflow, functional design, status reports, presentations and stakeholder communications
• Identifies and manages project milestones, deliverables, dependencies and critical path
• Ability to conduct research and effectively analyze, understand and evaluate the business and application functional impacts of modifications or enhancements
• Work both independently and as a strong team player with an aptitude for working in a collaborative environment
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
• Ability to present ideas and concepts of a technical nature to a non-technical audience
• Highly self-motivated, proactive, and results driven
• Strong customer service orientation, quality focused mindset
Support – On Call
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$30.65 – $35.05
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.