Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada’s leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
IT Application Training Coordinator
Software & Support Services
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Software Services, the IT Applications Trainer is responsible for delivering training to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in support of business objectives. The IT Application Training Coordinator will also have responsibility for designing, delivering, and improving training programs and related courseware for corporate administrative systems and software applications.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or education and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Functions and Duties:
1. Design, develop, and deliver corporate admin system software applications training programs and individual classes. This includes the development of learning outcomes and curriculum.
2. Present face-to-face and virtual training sessions to employees.
3. Develop and deliver new workshops for employees for new and existing software applications, including all course materials, exercises, and skills evaluations.
4. Review training materials and documentation and keep them up to date.
5. Create and communicate training schedules in consultation with departmental decision makers.
6. Establish and maintain a database to track training participants’ status and results.
7. Create and administer training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
8. Work with internal and external software developers to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in in-house software applications.
9. Communicate software problems and issues to software development and support teams.
10. Stay up to date with developments in both commercial and custom-built software products used at Okanagan College
11. Travels to all Okanagan College campuses to deliver training as required
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to provide quality customer service and to create/cultivate trusting relationships with clients and other employees
– Excellent verbal and written English skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients via phone, email, and in person
– Public speaking and presentation skills required
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Ability to travel to other campus locations
Support – Non-Regular Part-time
Appointment Start Date:
Appointment End Date:
Thursday to Friday – 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$29.64 – $33.90
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date: