Agents of Discovery is a commercial web and mobile app platform that serves multiple education and commercial entities through a single simplified channel. It provides a solution for multiple customers to easily create, curate, and distribute content to a freely available mobile app available through Android and iOS. App users experience the content by exploring the outdoors or other cultural or commercial sites and are tasked with completing a variety of challenges that vary from Augmented Reality experiences to quiz type activities which teaches them about the real world area they are exploring. Challenges are discovered within Missions. Missions include real world or custom geo maps. Alternatively, some missions are available for at home play, and do not require real world navigation. Instead, Image recognition is used to unlock new challenges to complete. Users can complete missions at various locations to compete in Explorer Campaigns to win prizes.
You will join a highly skilled and motivated agile development team and will contribute to developing new platform features, and updating, refining, or automating existing workflows. You will take part in stages of design, development, and QA. We are looking for a team player who works well with others and independently, and has strong written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will work remotely and collaborate virtually with other developers, sometimes meeting for equipment pickup or exchanges. All hardware and software required to do the job will be provided by the employer. The Intermediate Software Developer will be overseen by senior developers on a daily basis.
What you will be doing
- Assist in Research and Development of new features and gameplay mechanics
- Assisting in developing, documenting, and implementing workflows
- Profiling and analyzing for performance issues using existing tools
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and debugging issues
- Working with and optimizing 2D/3D game assets
- Working with internal and external REST APIs
- Working with geospatial data sets such as Google Maps API, ArcGIS, etc.
- Taking charge of the Mission Maker in absence of the Senior Software Developer
What we are looking for
- Currently enrolled or hold a degree/diploma in Game Development, Software Engineering or Computer Science or have equivalent work experience
You Might Also Have
- Experience with the Unity Game engine, game development workflows, and packages such as Unity UI, Keyframe Animation, Prefabs
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with Image recognition
- Experience contributing to a distributed codebase using Git version control
- Experience working with Relational SQL Databases and management systems such as Postgres, SQLite, and pgAdmin
- Familiarity with agile and CI/CD tools and workflows such as Jira, Kanban, or Azure Boards
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Infrastructure services such as S3 and EC2
- Familiarity with audio engineering and mastering
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to email@example.com