BAR is seeking an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our Okanagan Office in Vernon, BC.
About the Position
This position will coordinate and manage civil design and construction activites on various projects under the direct supervision of the manager. More specifically, your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate projects from start to finish.
- Maintain timelines and budgets to meet overall project requirements.
- Prepare and manage changes on engineering deliverables.
- Provide peer review support for engineering work and quality control checks.
- Ability to determine/understand project scope and estimate respective consulting fees.
- Prepare engineering services proposals.
- Ensure designs conform to applicable codes, standards, regulations, specifications, and procedures with client requirements and cost estimates.
- Complete field activities including general reviews, completion reports and final documentation during construction.
- Liaise with client representatives, assign work to team members and coordinate between disciplines and sub-consultants.
- Prepare design specifications, Tender Documents, and Contract Documents.
- Conduct business development activities and build client relationships.
About the Candidate
You will need a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree with a minimum 4 year’s of experience and registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
Our Engineers are/have:
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- Able to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Able to work efficiently and cooperatively with colleagues.
- Well developed analytical skills.
- A hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Valid driver’s licence with clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
BAR Engineering offers competitive salary, benefits package, relocation allowance, flexible work schedule, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.