We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldwide. Launched in 1970 out of British Columbia’s beautiful city of Kelowna, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 900 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
Reporting to IT Operations Manager, Information Security Analyst is for responsible for security of KF IT Infrastructure; prevention of Cybersecurity incidents by real-time monitoring, detection, and analysis of potential intrusions; leading the design, implementation and on-going maintenance of security solutions, policies, and processes; compliance with KF IT Policies and Contractual obligations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with IT Operation Manager and Network Supervisor to develop security policies and standards; maintains and enforces group-wide information security policies, standards, and control techniques with the IT team.
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Protect system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Collaborate with network administrators to ensure that appropriate controls are implemented, operating properly, in accordance with the corporate policies.
- Investigate security breaches and ensuring incident management processes are documented and followed; make recommendations to IT management for security improvements.
- Perform regular vulnerabilities scans, penetration tests, and regular security tasks such as users, accounts, and logs reviews.
- Promote information security education, training, and awareness; manage KF security training solution.
- Produce regular security reports and briefings.
- Assist with new vendors and solutions security reviews.
- Manage 3rd party information security providers, including directing and managing deliverables.
Cyber Security Qualifications / Skills
- 3+ years of experience in risk, compliance, and information security policy development.
- 3+ years performing vulnerabilities scans, penetration tests and security incident management.
- Strong knowledge of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes.
- Solid knowledge of network security and protocols, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
- BA or BS degree or diploma in Information Security, Cyber Security, or Computer Science.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CDPSE or similar certifications.
- A quick learner, able to understand technical and business problems, creating and driving solutions to those problems.
- Available on-call after hours and on weekends for security related incidents.
- Ability to communicate and educate a non-technical audience about technical security issues and measures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain secret – level II security clearance.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Health and Dental
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- Paid vacation and Personal time off
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free financial advice
- A bonus program based on organizational performance
The successful incumbent could be based in the Kelowna or Hamilton, Ontario areas. Occasional travel within Canada is required (for Hamilton location – regular quarterly visits to Kelowna, plus one month on-site in Kelowna for initial training).
How to Apply
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the Information Security Analyst position at kfaero.ca/careers today!