Position Title: Human Resources Advisor
Competition Number: C001505
Division/Portfolio: Human Resources and Labour Relations
Department/Program: Human Resources
Under the direction of the Manager, Employee Relations, the Human Resources Advisor is a strategic business partner for their assigned Client groups. The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for providing employee and labour relations advice and consultation to managers, supervisors and employees ensuring accurate and consistent application of relevant legislation, collective agreements, terms and conditions of employment as well as College policies and procedures. The Human Resources Advisor works closely with College leaders to assess human resource requirements and to identify and monitor issues. Duties include job design, classification, talent management, performance management, conflict management and labour relations The Human Resources Advisor works with the Human Resources team to implement best practices and strategic human resource programs, policies and initiatives, which support the College’s mission, core values and key directions.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role. Experience in a unionized environment is required.
Skills and Abilities:
– Extensive human resources knowledge at a professional level, including, but not limited to recruitment and selection, compensation and job evaluation, performance development, disability management, duty to accommodate, supporting change, and training and development
– Strong labour relations knowledge including but not limited to collective agreement interpretation, grievance investigation and handling, progressive discipline, and collective bargaining
– Sound knowledge of applicable employment legislation and regulations
– Excellent research skills with ability to synthesize data/information and develop/deliver findings and recommendations
– Must be flexible and able to manage high work volume and conflicting priorities with frequent interruptions to attend to matters of an urgent nature to meet deadlines
– Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS
Appointment Type: Exempt – Continuing Full-time
Appointment Start Date: 04/06/2021
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
Range $64,860 to $95,129.
Typical Hiring Range $77,832 to $86,480.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For questions related to this position, please send an email to Ryan Savelieff, Manager, Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Opening Date:
03/19/2021 Open Until Filled
Posting Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.