Health Data Analyst, Health Data Coalition
The position of Health Data Analyst reports to the Product Director and uses their experience and skills in working with databases, SQL, and analytical tools to provide data driven insights that will answer key questions as well as inform our product development.
The Health Data Analyst will work with HDC Discover users, HDC Operational team, external stakeholders, and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) partners to provide data analysis to support clinical measure definitions, measures analysis, and support data interpretation.
- Perform data analysis to inform development of new clinical measures to incorporate into the HDC Discover application
- Lead exploration into improving current and supporting future analytical offerings
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support requests from management, and partners.
- Engage with HDC business analysts, users, and the Clinical Service Team to support and validate the precision and quality of new measures
- Engage with the technical team to develop rules and processes to continuously validate the quality and relevance of existing measures.
- Active participation in contributing to HDC operations goal to enable data-informed healthcare
- Support the continuous improvement of HDC’s:
- Information model as represented by the HDC “Universal Schema”
- Interoperability with vendor EMR products through adaptors
- Management of the clinical content lifecycle, through the development, maintenance, and decommissioning of measures
- Contribution of regular thought leadership content and/or case studies (e.g., use of aggregate data for community and system use)
Education, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a data analytics role, minimum of 2 years of practice experience with Health Data
- Clinical informatics experience is desirable
- Data Analysis skills
- Knowledge of Databases, SQL, and other data analysis tools
- Strong understanding of, and experience in, the use of standards for terminology, interoperability, ontologies, and information models
- Experience translating data into easily understood visualizations
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening skills to build interpersonal relationships
- Solid writing/Presentation skills
- Ability to uncover and document user requirements
- Flexible work schedule
- remote work options
- GRSP option
- Extended health benefits
How to Apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.