Firmware QA Engineer
Are you curious & creative? Do you have a passion for sustainable products? Does the idea of creating a waste-free future excite you? If so, we’re looking for you!
- Are really interested in electric vehicles
- Appreciate a good debate even with your boss
- Thrive in the grey, bravely finding your way through unknowns
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Are excited about being a part of empowered teams
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
- Work to protect and restore the environment
- Aren’t afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience
- Are committed to creating team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement
Our Core Values:
- Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITY
- Foster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovation
- Embrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertainty
- Live with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices
We are seeking a talented Firmware QA Engineer to help us with our goal of creating a waste free future! Lomi is our answer to the world’s food waste problem, and the rapid growth of Lomi products in market means we must continually invest in our quality infrastructure.
As our Firmware QA engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and security of our IoT-enabled products through comprehensive testing and validation processes. You will be responsible for establishing and running our Firmware QA needs.
Working closely with the Firmware and Software engineers, and cross department stakeholders, you will develop an efficient QA testing environment and protocols to ensure that all functionalities and features meet design specifications and quality standards.
We are actively seeking candidates who are local to Kelowna, BC, or are open to relocating to this vibrant and picturesque city. Kelowna offers a unique blend of natural beauty, a thriving community, and a burgeoning tech scene. Being part of our team means not only contributing to a waste-free future but also immersing yourself in the local culture and forging strong connections within our community. We believe that proximity fosters collaboration and enhances the overall team experience, allowing for more effective communication, shared innovation, and a stronger sense of unity. If you’re excited about being a part of our mission and embracing the Kelowna lifestyle, we encourage you to apply, whether you’re a resident or eager to make Kelowna your new home.
- Design and develop test cases for physical products
- Establishing and maintaining QA protocols and procedures for the product’s functionality and firmware.
- Defining the methodology and tools for the QA effort
- Collaborating with team members on test cases, root cause analysis and test plan improvements for full system coverage
- Perform manual and automated testing of embedded systems, device firmware, and IoT components to identify defects, regressions, and performance bottlenecks.
- Testing engineering provided code fixes and validating bug resolution
- Investigating reported product bugs, reproducing reported issues, performing root cause analysis and communicating details to the development team
- Deep understanding of the system and its components, from Software and Hardware perspective
- Generate the required documentation, including test cases, procedures, logs and records and best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, firmware testing tools, and methodologies to enhance the overall quality assurance process.
- 3+ years of experience as a SW QA engineer.
- Deep understanding of Embedded-level Software (Firmware)
- Familiar with IoT devices
- Experienced with HW products, consumer electronics is advantage
- Familiar with relevant SW QA tools and protocols
- Knowledge of firmware security testing and best practices for securing IoT devices is a plus.
- Ability to establish a QA department from scratch
- Experience in QA automation test development (Python) is an asset
- Embedded hardware knowledge an asset
- ‘Get it done’ mentality – You deliver high quality on time, and come with solutions rather than problems
- Hands-On approach. Willing to get your hands dirty.
- Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
- Passion and curiosity for all things tech is a plus, specifically mobile connected
Commitment to Diversity
Pela is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
Salary: $74,000-$85,000 CAD based on experience
How to Apply
Submit your application to https://lomi.com/pages/job-postings?gh_jid=5705062003