We have the privilege of supporting one of the Okanagan’s oldest First Nation Bands, with ties dating back to thousands of years within the Okanagan. They are currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join and support they’re Finance department.
Accountable to the Executive Director, the position holder will be responsible to uphold financial and fiscal accountabilities that will include day-to-day, month end and year-end accounting functions of our client.
The position furthermore will oversee the finance team and work with department managers to ensure best practices.
- Ensures compliance with internal financial controls, GAAP and statutory reporting compliance.
- Assists with department finance planning, human resources, administrative, financial, governance, legal and project management deliverables.
- Oversees and monitors department and annual budgets including annual audit preparation.
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting requirements and functions of Account Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Completes timely and accurate deposits and posting of all receipts for accurate reporting and cash flow forecasting.
- Creates and complete required templates, briefing notes and reports and participates in financial meetings on regular basis as required.
- Provides recommendations to enhance the efficiency of accounting systems and processes.
A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or equivalent, with five (5) years applicable experience. Experience managing Fires Nation finance programs or project is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of First Nation Taxation.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and web-based time sheets, project management and budgeting software tools.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with First Nations organizations’ issues and concerns.
- Have a valid BC drivers’ license.
- Work flexible work hours/willingness to occasionally work on evenings and weekends.
- Reliability and Dependability
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Problem Solving
How to Apply
If your are interest in this Exciting position please email: