The Central Okanagan Foundation is a dynamic community foundation serving a thriving region of 200,000 residents. We are seeking an inspiring leader who will enhance the Foundation’s successful record of endowment building, broad and effective grant making and community leadership.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Foundation, the Executive Director will ensure effective daily operations, manage our team of five talented staff, develop and maintain strong relationships with donors and volunteers, and grow our current endowment base of 345 funds with capital assets of $35 million. As a leader in community philanthropy, the Foundation’s Executive Director will continue to build strong partnerships within the private, public and charitable sectors.
As the team leader, the Executive Director will be responsible for enacting the strategic plan recently developed cooperatively by the Foundation’s Board and staff.
Education, Background & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree, ideally in Non- Profit Management or Business
- A minimum of 10 years proven success working in a senior management/leadership position in the charitable sector with extensive experience in fund development, donor relations and community-based marketing for a community foundation or similar organization preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills including policy/business writing , presentations and public speaking
- Experience in managing, directing and inspiring diverse groups of employees and volunteers.
- A successful track record supporting Boards of Directors is important including with respect to governance and Board member development
- Sound knowledge of strategic planning and financial/budget management including fund allocation and leveraging assets and resources
- Superior organizational skills and event planning experience
A competitive salary and benefits package is provided, commensurate with experience. The Central Okanagan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please state position applied for as “Executive Director” and send resume by email to the Central Okanagan Foundation by October 15th, 2021