About the Opportunity
If you’re a self-starter that enjoys problem-solving and finding ways to apply your technical experience to create impactful solutions, our growing IT team is looking for someone to join us as an ERP Specialist. Do you believe collaboration and diverse perspectives generate better outcomes? Then we want to hear from you.
This exciting opportunity will challenge the successful candidate to use technical capabilities to solve complex problems while improving the end-user experience. The ideal person will thrive on managing multiple projects with demanding deadlines while working in a collaborative team environment.
Do you see yourself excited to contribute to…
- Testing future ERP system releases in a sandbox environment and supporting implementation
- Perform technical tasks such as data migrations, data analysis, configuration, and administration
- Facilitating sessions to educate users of ERP and related systems
- Creating and updating T-SQL scripts for the purpose of reporting and enhancing functionality in ERP
- Acting as a point of contact for users and with ERP support to report and resolve issues
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the company on new ways to leverage the use of ERP and/or the data it contains
- Supporting a diverse user group in the use of ERP
You have experience working with software configuration, data loading and testing and are keen to collaborate with a team of IT professionals to maintain and improve current systems. If this doesn’t describe you exactly, we are open to considering candidates from other backgrounds.
To thrive, the must-haves for this position are:
- Related education in Computer Science or Technology programs and/or 3+ years of experience with web-based application design/developer experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software and network infrastructure
- Knowledgeable scripting in T-SQL and PowerShell primarily. Other scripting languages, such as Visual Basic or others, would be an asset
The following skills, traits, and interests will help you thrive in your contribution:
- Experience with Deltek Vantagepoint would be considered an asset
- Exceptional customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience supporting end-users either in-person, telephone, chat or email
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while handling time-sensitive competing priorities
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation
- Experience managing projects would be considered an asset
- Business travel within Western Canada may be required on occasion
How to Apply
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, May 16 2023, at 9:00 am PST