Enterprise Training Program Coordinator
Status: Full Time Employee. Hybrid In-Person
Location: Kelowna / Okanagan Valley, BC, Canada
Experience: Anticipated 0-2 Years Work Experience. Various fields.
Salary and Benefits: $40–50k, 2nd Fridays Off, Flexible Hybrid Working, Health & more
Reports To: CEO and Founder
Application Deadline: January 31st 2024 (hiring for Feb/March and Summer Start Dates)
We are a small, dynamic company that punches above its weight. We create innovative training programs and e-learning platforms for governments and large enterprises that need to educate staff and stakeholders on improving infrastructure planning practices. We have several provincial and state contracts and there is significant opportunity ahead of us.
Cities, towns, utilities, states and provinces use our educational programs to train and develop staff around best practice infrastructure management. We enable better decisions and management of infrastructure assets (water, wastewater, roads, recreation, power utilities, natural assets and more) that are essential to quality of life services in communities for current and future generations.
We are an energetic, boutique firm headquartered in Kelowna, BC with an international reputation for successfully delivering high-profile projects. Our successes in delivering national programs in Canada and state-wide in the US have led to a growing business. We are also a Climate Positive workforce.
We are making a difference to the pressing public infrastructure challenge internationally and we need the right people to join the team and help us on our mission.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for two Training Program Coordinators. The successful candidates will work on a variety of programs we develop and deliver for adult learners dealing with public infrastructure assets. They will work closely with the Programs Delivery Leads, Subject Matter Experts, our Partners, our Customers and the CEO to help organize, innovate and deliver various virtual and in-person training programs and products.
These junior positions are well suited to new college or university graduates and those at the early stages of their career who want to gain a broad range of program delivery experience and have their position evolve as the company scales. You’ll need to roll your sleeves up and get involved in various aspects of the business, but with that you’ll have the opportunity to lean into areas you are most interested in. We are open to a wide range of keen applicants but want to know why community infrastructure and/or adult learning interests you.
We are looking to fill at least one position in February/March 2024 but are also open to applications from new graduates for Summer 2024.
What will you do?
Training Program Coordination and Delivery
- Follow our playbook to deliver group training programs for various clients. Track tasks and actions with our schedules and develop program management skills and client relationships.
- Develop deep experience working in our learning management system (Thinkific) to support users as they get registered, complete courses, and we analyse the results.
- Manage user access and experience in eLearning platform, answering basic questions and supporting technical difficulties.
- Support Learner Community engagement through communications on the learning platform forum and events as well as through email campaigns.
- Event Management in the setup and planning of training events as well as assisting with the facilitation of virtual events using online tools like Zoom and MS Teams.
- Support Marketing and Registration efforts with clients to recruit learners into training programs.
Programs and Process Innovations and Improvements
- Look for opportunities to improve our training experiences for our clients and our internal business processes. We are all for continuous improvement!
- Listening to feedback and improving learning content, working with video and other digital media design tools to deliver enhanced learner experience.
- Learn about latest trends and best practices in training and development and work with the team to incorporate them into training programs as appropriate.
Other…the ‘roll your sleeves up’ bit
- As an established start-up, we all need to get our hands dirty, you’ll be expected to help with various other activities as they arise to move us towards our goals.
- Education: Post Secondary, College Diploma or University Graduate in field (Arts, Sciences, Business) OR High School Diploma and Equivalent Work Experience.
- Curious about Public Infrastructure…and how it makes for a better world. Whether it’s a road, a park, power dam or a water treatment plant; communities are dependent on infrastructure!
- Interested in working at an established start-up: You need to be willing to roll your sleeves up, embrace innovation, communicate well and be an effective member of our small team.
- Familiarity with Software Tools: Be comfortable with the full Microsoft Suite, keen to learn new eLearning management and digital media tools, and interested in learning about AI and automation tools which can help us scale our operations.
- Self-Motivated, Organized and Productive: We want to know that you can get things done without someone sitting over your shoulder. Help is on hand when needed, but you’ll need to keep organized.
- Work Status & Location: You must be legally allowed to work in Canada, and be able to commute to Kelowna, BC. Hybrid available following the training/probationary period.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000 per year based on experience.
- Hybrid/remote work environment available for the right candidate.
- Every 2nd Friday off. 3 Weeks Paid Vacation. Paid Sick Days.
- Flexible Health Care and Annual Wellness Fund (e.g. Gym / Ski Pass).
- Climate Positive Workforce. Annual employee chosen charity donations
As icInfrastructure grows and you excel in this coordination role, there are career growth opportunities to evolve into Program and Account Management positions.
How to Apply
Please apply through Indeed by end of 31st January 2024.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted the week of February 5th or earlier to schedule an interview. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.