Embedded Software Developer
Location: Salmon Arm B.C. and/or Nelson B.C
Position Type: Full-time
Department: Electronics Engineering
For over thirty years, Valid has built a reputation as a world-class innovator in high-tech manufacturing. By focusing on exceptional quality and customer service, we develop strong relationships and partnerships with really great companies jointly creating really great products.
Valid designs, engineers, and manufactures innovative and reliable solutions for a wide range of industries. Our reputation has been built on delivering robust products that are always backed by our exceptional 24/7 customer support. Our commitment to quality, and our philosophy that great customer service starts with employees who are valued and appreciated, are constantly moving us forward.
The Embedded Software Developer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementation of software devices and systems. This individual is required to research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to develop software for products; as well as, identify and recommend product performance improvements.
- Develops and implements software for embedded devices and systems.
- Develops, codes tests, and troubleshoots the software.
- Analyzes, monitors and improves efficiency and stability of the system.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Manages and maintains version control, configuration management, and releases.
- Identifies and solves complex technical problems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptionally good at debugging what other persons have coded.
- Detail orientated, able to identify issues and provide appropriate resolutions.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm.
- Able to prioritize work according to the given deadlines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent years of experience in a related field is an asset.
- Experience in embedded software engineering or a similar role is desired.
- Familiarized with C or C++ development on one of QNX, Linux, or MS Windows.
- Familiar with Lua, Open GL, Subversion, Shell script, Object-oriented programming languages, C#, Git, and Python.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking security.
- Office environment.
- Remote work is a possibility.
- Receives moderate supervision with less frequent direction and review of the work performed.
Why Consider Valid?
- Work with a team of skilled individuals who will recognize you for your knowledge, skill, enthusiasm, and passion for your role in our organization
- Work in a comfortable environment that allows you to get the job done while ensuring that you maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Support for your personal and professional development needs
- Salmon Arm is a great, centrally-located, affordable community that offers a wide range of activities for all ages
- Competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan
How to Apply
Reflective of the community we work in, Valid recognizes that work/life balance is important, and we are committed to ensuring that this is a company and career you will want to grow with. At Valid, we will keep you interested and rewarded while at work. Our community, and all that the Shuswap / Okanagan region has to offer, will keep you interested and rewarded the rest of the time!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself and telling us why you think you are a good fit with us here at Valid.
To learn more about us, please go to www.validmfg.com. We thank all applicants in advance but only those individuals who we feel the best fit for this role will be contacted.