COME JOIN THE TEKMAR OPERATIONS TEAM
ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGIST II
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and excel in a growing and innovative company that’s world class and leading the industry.
Watts Water Technologies is an innovative company in plumbing products, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Global Electronics. We are a digital business harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, and integrated design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products in the plumbing and water industry.
Our Global Electronics Engineering capabilities are key to strengthening our existing leadership position in the plumbing and HVAC markets. Our goal is to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage.
Come join the WATTS Water Technologies Global Operations & Manufacturing team, located at the tekmar Control Systems facility in Vernon, British Columbia in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
The individual is responsible for the training to new associates and associates learning new areas or skills, maintains manufacturing equipment, ensures manufacturing processes are performing as expected, troubleshoots and corrects manufacturing non-conformities, repairs internal and returned products, and contributes to various continuous improvement activities.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works effectively with Manufacturing to provide training to all new direct labour associates for all Manufacturing processes and equipment
- Works effectively with Manufacturing to provide training for direct labour associates learning new areas, processes, products and equipment
- Provide feedback to Manufacturing Mgr and Operations Technical Lead on trainee’s progress and needs
- In coordination with Manufacturing Mgr and Operations Technical Lead provide formal and informal constructive feedback to trainees
- Keep record keeping documentation current and updated for all training provided
- Provides training and troubleshooting assistance to Area Mentors and works with them to ensure interruptions to production flow is minimized
- Works effectively with Manufacturing & Engineering to find the root cause of product failures and implement corrective actions
- Contributes when requested to the MRB (material review board) to provide detail on product or part failures
- Follows maintenance schedules on manufacturing equipment
- Responsible for maintaining equipment maintenance database and maintenance records
- Repairs equipment in cases of breakdown and works with manufacturers to prevent future recurrences
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering to create manufacturing fixtures and jigs to improve quality and productivity of manufacturing processes
- Troubleshoots and reworks non-conforming product from the manufacturing processes
- Documents repairs using the NCR/RGA database.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly 5S requirements for the role are completed as required
- Collect, report and strive to achieve targets for any requested metrics in operations
- Annually set and work towards individual goals and targets which align to those of Operations and the company
- Contribute ideas, lead and/or participate in improvement projects including but not limited to: Quick Kaizens, Kaizen events, VSM events, etc.
- Helps operations with productivity and process improvements i.e.. Standard work, time studies, savings calculations, etc.
*Other duties as required
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
- Collaborate Across Work groups
- Communicate Effectively
- Initiate Positive Change
- Drive for Results
- Deliver High Quality Work
- Provide Technical Expertise
Electronic Technologist Engineering Degree or Diploma or and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
No direct reports.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- At least two years of relevant experience; demonstrated hands-on ability with tools ie. soldering iron, oscilloscope, multimeter, power hand tools, etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for electronic equipment
- Excellent hand soldering technique and is, or willing to become IPC Certified
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to teach with patience and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Works in a laboratory or manufacturing type environment
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.
- Physically capable of lifting 55 lbs.
How to Apply
Apply on line by uploading your resume and CV to our Job Portal at: www.wattswater.com/careers
Search for Vernon, BC Canada – Careers!