You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and excel in a growing and innovative company that’s world class and leading the industry.
Watts Water Technologies is an innovative company in plumbing products, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Global Electronics. We are a digital business harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, and integrated design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products in the plumbing and water industry. Our Global Electronics R&D Engineering capabilities are key to strengthening our existing leadership position in the plumbing and HVAC markets.
Our goal is to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage. As a member of the WATTS Water Technologies Global Electronics R&D Engineering team, located at the tekmar Control Systems facility in Vernon, British Columbia in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. The candidate will be part of the Engineering Hardware team in a key role, Electronics Hardware Engineer III, in our organization. Leading the delivery of technology-driven products that directly impact our growth.
The individual is an established engineer or technologist who works on a range of hardware development projects and can identify issues and make hardware development and process related changes. The individual may also lead hardware development projects and mentor junior and intermediate developers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works on assigned projects where the objectives may only be defined at a high level and where many components have no prior art.
- Shows good understanding and ability to analyze complex electronic circuits.
- Design of new circuits, schematics, and printed circuit boards using but not limited to:
- Conducting tests, analysis and performs research; recommends solutions for review
- Specifying/testing new components and/or circuits
- Certification agency requirements
- PCB development software
- Tests/debugs/documents new hardware designs using but not limited to:
- Prototype testing
- Physical test sites
- Documents testing results
- Works with regulatory agencies to certify products to safety standards.
- Create artwork for labels, overlays.
- Provides necessary PCB documents for production use.
- Calculates material quality & quantity and recommends components for purchasing decision review.
- Collaborates with other departments or Watts companies to develop electronic hardware.
- Creates and maintains hardware development and engineering details including project hardware specifications and project plans.
- Provides advice and mentoring to junior electronic hardware designers.
- Takes lead in troubleshooting and solving hardware design problems. Offers documented solutions.
- Compiles and analyzes data; prepares information reports. Provides input into technical decisions.
- Provides project leadership within scope of position and accountabilities.
- Uses Microsoft Office®, the company ERP system, and applicable graphic/PCB software.
*Other duties as required
Employee core competencies:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
- Collaborate Across Workgroups
- Communicate Effectively
3. Initiate Positive Change
4. Drive for Results
5. Deliver High Quality Work
6. Provide Technical Expertise
Electrical/Electronic Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years experience in electronic hardware development.
No direct reports.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in electronic design experience relevant to the principal responsibilities and duties described; current in applicable technologies.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of software development principles with some programming experience
- Conceptual mechanical design using graphical software such as Adobe Illustrator, MS Viso and/or 3D CAD software
- Understanding of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system principles and controls
- Works in an office/laboratory environment
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants please send in a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Our Company’s Job Portal at – http://www.wattswater.com/careers
Search Vernon BC Canada > “Senior Product Manager” job postings and upload your resume.
Mail or drop off resumes are also welcome to: Attn: Human Resources | Tekmar Control Systems | 5100 Silver Star Road | Vernon, BC | V1B 3K4 .