Hexagon Purus, a Hexagon Composites company, is a world leading provider of hydrogen type 4 high-pressure cylinders, battery packs and vehicle systems integration for fuel cell electric and battery electric vehicles. Hexagon Purus enables zero emission solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, ground storage, distribution, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions. Hexagon Composites has 1100 employees across 23 global locations.
Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. If you are looking to work for an organization that values sustainability and is working towards Clean Air Everywhere, then we are the place for you.
Reporting to the Battery Systems Engineering Lead, the Electrical Engineer will play an important role in the design and development of battery packs and heavy-duty electric vehicles.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications through research and applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Work with hardware engineering teams and suppliers to obtain harness relevant data
- Select fuses, wire sizes, connectors, terminals and other wiring harness components
- Ensure basic electrical requirements are understood and implemented
- Collaborate with the Software Engineering teams to generate Input/Output tables and system architecture/functions list based on the selected component requirements
- Collaborate with the Mechanical Engineering teams to develop wire harness routing designs in 3D CAD (Creo Parametric). This includes ensuring all harnesses are routed safely and securely and properly connect to applicable electrical units and mating harnesses
- Independently develop wire harness designs, wiring diagrams, 2D schematics and manufacturing drawings conforming with industry drafting standards
- Fabricate functional prototypes for engineering testing and validation
- Working with assembly/test technicians to move electrical designs through the Development Phase into Validation and Production Phases
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Organizes and sometimes leads project update presentations and design reviews
- Identifies process/product efficiencies and process improvements that will reduce overall costs and participates in cost reduction exercises as part of a team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications, Experience, Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or a related design engineering field
- 2-3 years experience previous relative experience
- Knowledge of standard automotive connectors considered an asset
- Proficient in 2D CAD software such as Creo Parametric, Solidworks, etc.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering principles applicable to the design of wire harnesses and vehicle electrical systems
- Familiarity of battery system architectures, and system controls considered an asset
- Familiarity of electric vehicle system architectures considered an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to create solutions
- Demonstrated and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with internal and external customers stakeholders
- Must have the ability to work in sensitive and confidential situations
- Must have above average MS Office skills
- Valid passport with ability to travel to USA
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time. This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed boots.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, criminal conviction and political belief.
How to Apply
click below to apply: