Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer with a P.Eng designation. We require a positive, team-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. The Electrical Engineer provides solutions to technical problems and is responsible for job planning and quality production. This position is accountable for the processes of design, testing and continuous development of electrical equipment, components and systems as assigned. The Electrical Engineer works closely with the mechanical engineering department to ensure seamless integration between electrical and mechanical aspects of the design.
Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Technical peer review of designs produced in the electrical design team
- Technical interface with the shop floor for manufacturing support
- Compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements
- Report work compliance with relevant codes, standards and procedures
- Provide designs such items as cable tray layouts, electrical equipment arrangements, and single line, three line and protection and control, P & ID diagrams
- Prepare technical calculations such as short circuit, load flow, arc flash, coordination studies, etc.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD & EDSA, E-TAP
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Identify potential safety or environmental concerns and initiate appropriate action
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts.
- Perform electrical studies as assigned
- Create conceptual designs for assigned projects
- Create specifications as needed
- Oversee the implementation of designs
- Make technical decisions
- Participate in department training programs
- Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Registration as a P.Eng. with EGBC required, and APEGA preferred
- Bachelor’ degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards
- Work experience designing HV substations, hydroelectric plants, MV and LV distribution systems, and large electrical systems required
- Work experience with fire alarms, lighting and emergency power generation preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of required code for operation’s geographical area
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
UEE is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. A work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
- Building and preserving a safe. respectable working environment for all its employees
How to Apply
Job posting on Indeed.com
Or you can apply on our Company website (uee.com)