We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldwide. Launched in 1970 out of British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services, including aircraft maintenance and modifications, engineering, cargo operations, and aircraft leasing.
Since 2005, KF Aerospace has managed one of two contracted military pilot training programs for the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). This program will soon come to its natural end and be replaced with the Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) Program, combining all RCAF training in Canada. FAcT is a generational program set to last for 20+ years. FAcT is expected to be one of the largest service contracts ever awarded by the Canadian Government and Department of National Defence.
SkyAlyne is a partnership between KF Aerospace and Montreal-based CAE, formed to compete as the Canadian team for the FAcT Program. If successful in the FAcT bidding process, SkyAlyne will become the exclusive training and in-service support partner for the Royal Canadian Air Force and will become a fully operational company.
SkyAlyne’s goals are to:
- Increase our industry profile – grow our industry profile amongst potential customers
- Improve and highlight our Employer Brand & Profile – grow our presence for public knowledge, capabilities, business opportunities and recruitment
- Initiate internal communications – information sharing between management, operations, and employees
- Strategically raise the profile of the SkyAlyne brand in the communities in which we operate and in Ottawa; and
- Recruit an excellent team to win, implement and execute the Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) Program
Learn more at skyalyne.ca.
The Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the User Experience & Communications Lead for SkyAlyne and provides support, direction and guidance on a wide range of communication and marketing initiatives needed to continue building SkyAlyne’s brand and to ensure a winning proposal. Additional assignments for parent-company KF Aerospace will also be required.
This is a one-year term position as we write and submit our proposal and await the decision by the Canadian Government. A successful bid could lead to potential full-time opportunities with SkyAlyne.
Develops and executes a content strategy that enhances SkyAlyne’s brand within the defence/aviation industries and the communities we operate through:
- Social Media (Digital & Organic) – Designs and implements a digital social media content strategy to maximize brand awareness and position SkyAlyne as the leader in Canadian aircrew training. Writes for and manages all SkyAlyne digital and social media channels, supports recruitment and business development; tracks KPIs and generates reports
- Website – Manages content on skyalyne.ca, including regular updates, blogging, events calendar, etc., utilizing SEO best practices and maintains skyalyne.ca as the top-ranking website for FAcT/Canadian aircrew training. Tracks KPIs and generates reports via Google Analytics
- Graphic Design – Provides high-level graphic design work for social media, digital/print ads, marketing material, presentations, photos/videos, and proposal documents. Use of Adobe product line (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) necessary
- Internal – Curates content and resources for SkyAlyne’s intranet
Assists team in specific, assigned communication responsibilities and projects, including:
- Photo and Video Production – Captures regular photos and videos for use on social media, website, intranet, etc. Works with team and vendors to produce corporate video campaigns and projects
- Email Marketing – Implements an email marketing strategy with regular marketing emails to key stakeholder list, development of quarterly digital newsletters
- Trade Shows & Special Events – Develops materials & presentations, and social media reporting from trade shows & special events. (Some travel may be required)
- Brochures – Creates print and digital brochures available for distribution to all SkyAlyne staff.
- Advertising (Traditional & Digital) – Advertises in industry publications and online via websites, Google Ads, etc.
- Merchandising – Works with vendors to order clothing and swag to promote the SkyAlyne brand.
- Presentations – Develops templates, basic, advanced and customized slide decks for presentations.
- Media – Manages contact lists, develop editorial relationships, and answer inquiries as needed.
- Resources – Maintains an in-house resource library available to SkyAlyne staff, including digital/brand assets such as logos, templates, etc.
- Other – Assists KF Aerospace’s Communication Coordinator with marketing and communication assignments as required.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
- Marketing and/or Digital Marketing Degree or Communications Degree or Business Degree with Communications Major and/or 5 years of related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher and Photoshop
- Experience using Google tools (Analytics, Adwords, etc.)
- Must have experience with graphic design, website management, social media, and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Capability to take and edit pictures & video is required
- Strong writing skills would be an asset
- Must be highly motivated, self-disciplined and takes initiative
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills are required
- Public speaking & presentation skills would be an asset
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Health and Dental
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- Paid vacation and Personal Time Off (PTO)
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free financial advice
- A bonus program based on organizational performance
How to Apply
JOIN OUR CRAFT
Please visit www.kfaero.ca/careers to apply for the Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator role today!