Reporting to the Director of Digital Hardware Development, the Component Engineer will collaborate with design engineers to oversee the proper selection, qualification, approval, documentation, and management of electronic components. Assessment of risk, identification of issues, analyze and qualify interchangeable parts from sources, and be a key interface between procurement and engineering.
- Collaborate with the Electronic Design Engineers, Purchasing, Sustaining Engineers teams on component research and component selection.
- Review and interpret component data sheets and evaluate components for various product applications and assist to assemble and solder new components and perform required tests on same.
- Perform various tests and evaluate all components and assemblies and analyze failures for same.
- Manage communication with manufacturers and distributors on supply components and evaluate results effectively.
- Maintain and enhance our extensive approved vendors list
- Evaluate and isolate parts in our approved parts lists that have issues with life cycle, compliance, inventory, and sourcing issues
- Engineering support on new and legacy product for purchasing and procurement, Identify alternates, PLC status, and supply chain risk level of parts
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Electronic Engineering or technologist diploma in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in electronics R&D field with a focus on component engineering.
- Experience with a product lifecycle risk management platform such as Silicon Expert.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with a specific ability to translate complex technical information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Experience with Altium Designer a plus.
- Knowledge of audio signal processing, acoustics, sound production, and recording a plus.
How to Apply