Who Are We
Accelerate Okanagan (AO) is a not-for-profit accelerator that exists to give entrepreneurs the mentorship, connections and community they need to build technology-driven ventures.
Located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, AO’s foundational values are:
- Innovation: We choose boldness, act with agility and learn from failure.
- Inclusivity: We are intentional collaborators, creating brave spaces for every voice.
- Focus: We are effective in our delivery, accountable for results and clear on our purpose.
- Sustainability: We support businesses, balanced founders, and healthy communities.
These values drive our three areas of focus, Engage the Willing, Unlock the Capital and Coach the Leaders.
The Community Coordinator (Co-op Student) position will be located in our North Okanagan office, The Vernon Innovation & Entrepreneur Workspace (The VIEW). They will support the Accelerate Okanagan team with office administrative tasks, facilities coordination, event support, communications, and more.
This role is a 4 month term and is applicable for those who have current standings as a student from an accredited institution who is doing a co-op/work integrated learning term fall 2021. The successful individual will have a passion for entrepreneurship, technology and community building. Problem solving and attention to detail will be key traits of this individual.
- Ensure tenants and guests have positive experiences with events, office space, booking processes, tours and all around interactions with The VIEW
- Online and in person communications with tenants and community members
- Provide resources and referrals for the greater entrepreneur ecosystem
- Relationship build with the OKGNtech community through event attendance and business development
- Onboard and facilitate tours for members and OKGNtech community
- Prospect new tenants and members
- Source relevant content and events for sharing through our social channels
- Stay up to date on local innovation and technology news
Administration & Facilities
- Coordinate and manage virtual and in person events and meetups
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming inquiries that come over the phone or through email
- Coordinate office technologies (printer, fob system, meeting room booking system, etc.)
- Clean up Accelerate Okanagan data and content
- Order materials and supplies for The VIEW (coffee, paper, cream, etc.)
- Ensuring health and safety protocols are maintained
- Attend meetings and take notes
Skills and Qualifications
- Able to develop meaningful relationships both internally and externally
- Builds rapport through empathy, treating others with respect and demonstrating credibility
- Supports others by being helpful & resourceful
- Person first focused approach
- Uses clear, concise and considerate language in written and oral communication
- Active listener and curious
Self Management & Organization
- Organize, prioritize and balance a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously
- Emotional self-awareness; ability to be composed and rational
- Foresee problems and connect with their Manager proactively
- Proven attention to detail
- Promptly follows through with requests, feedback and tasks
- Holds self to both self-imposed and external deadlines
- Exercises good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
- Must be currently registered as a student from an accredited institution
- Going into a Work Integrated Learning term in Sept, 2021 (could be co-op)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with G Suite
- Understanding or enthusiasm around the growing technology sector
The innovative nature of our organization and community demands team members who can thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This job description was designed to be a launch pad, responsibilities will continue to evolve as we continue to innovate and grow.
If you are looking for a Co-op role filled with excitement, challenge, and good people, you’ve found it.
Please apply by August 13th for a start date of September 1st. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com