Who are We
Accelerate Okanagan (AO) is a not-for-profit accelerator that exists to give entrepreneurs the mentorship, connections and community they need to build technology-driven ventures. The OKGNtech industry moves quickly which drives our team to be creative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
AO’s foundational values are:
- Innovation: We choose boldness, act with agility and learn from failure.
- Inclusivity: We are intentional collaborators, creating brave spaces for every voice.
- Focus: We are effective in our delivery, accountable for results and clear on our purpose.
- Sustainability: We support businesses, balanced founders, and healthy communities.
These values drive our three areas of focus, Engage the Willing, Unlock the Capital and Coach the Leaders which facilitate growth of the innovation ecosystem in the Okanagan region.
Accelerate Okanagan is looking for a talented and organized Community Coordinator to help us support a vibrant and growing technology industry in the Okanagan for an 8 month contract. As the first point of contact for our thriving community of entrepreneurs and collaborators, you will be responsible for facilitating connections and sharing resources with the community. Some other key priorities include day to day office and team administration as well as maintaining and growing our relationships with vendors, members and tenants.
- Assist AO staff, board, tenants and members with facilities, meeting coordination and event processes
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the AO office space and co-working space which houses 20+ tenants. This includes onboarding/off-boarding tenants, actioning communications plans, managing feedback and requests, running social events and more
- Promptly screen, distribute and respond to Accelerate Okanagan calls, voicemail, email and inquiries
- Create and manage a waitlist of potential tenants
- Managing office logistics such as office tech (meeting room equipment), ordering materials, and ensuring COVID-19 health and safety protocols are maintained
- Ensure Accelerate Okanagan and the co-working space is organized, clean and welcoming
- Developing thoughtful relationships with our vendors
- Provide virtual and in person tours
- Build relationships with community organizations and mindfully collaborate and support the broader OKGNtech community
- Meet and greet community members both virtually and in person and help by providing resources and referrals
- Support with other team administrative tasks like tech subscriptions, contracts, distributing mail, and filing
Skills and Qualifications
- Friendly, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with members, co-workers and the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Experience with tools like Microsoft Word, Eventbrite, Excel, Slack, and G-suite (Gmail)
- Organization and customer service skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information is a must
- Ability to balance many tasks and willingness to learn new skills on the go
The innovative nature of our organization demands team members who can thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This job description was designed to be a launch pad. Responsibilities will continue to evolve as we continue to adapt and grow to meet the needs of our community.
Accelerate Okanagan is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture that benefits from a breadth of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow stronger and learn better with a diverse team. We welcome the unique contributions that you might bring from your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career filled with excitement, challenge, and good people, you’ve found it.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 18th, 2022.