- An experienced information management and technology professional who thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment?
- Experienced with building and managing AWS environments with an eye to world-class security and excited to learn and develop your skills?
- A leader that can bring together internal team members with external consultants and service providers?
- Passionate to contribute to the improvement of healthcare?
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is seeking qualified candidates to join our distributed team for the new position of Cloud and Security Manager to oversee the technical infrastructure and security program for our cloud-based analytics solution. Reporting to the Product Director, the Cloud and Security Manager will lead the management, security and optimization of our cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud management
- Building, managing, and optimizing the AWS and on-premises environments.
- Developing procedure and documentation to match corporate policies.
- Ensuring the infrastructure remains in compliance with existing controls for Business Continuity.
- Managing the cost management of the Cloud services; proactively looking for savings opportunities.
- Increasing the use of automation and Infrastructure as Code across the organization.
- Proactively monitoring performance to identify problems and working with development on solutions and enhancements.
- Enhance and operate security monitoring program.
- Proactively improve security posture through regular assessments and testing.
- Investigate security incidents.
- Work with security consultants to perform assessments, penetration and vulnerability testing
- Prepare organization for security certification.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment and are inspired by the challenge of applying your experience and expertise to work with a distributed team, please explore this opportunity.
Please ensure that your application clearly shows how you meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, business analysis, or other computing certification.
Experience and skills required:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT systems, 2 in cloud environments.
- Experience managing AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation etc.).
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in administration of open-source databases (MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch).
- Knowledgeable of configuration management frameworks, such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Fluent written and oral English communication skills, with strong listening and information gathering skills.
- At least 2 years of team leadership working with internal and external consultants.
- Comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders.
- AWS Certifications preferred but not required.
- Developing Policies and procedures for Security, Information Asset Management, and Business Continuity.
- Experience with the ISO and SOC II certification process.
- Understanding BC’s health care environment, patient and provider confidentiality, security and privacy context requirements an asset.
- Previous experience working in the health sector and working directly with physicians would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a virtual team environment.
How to Apply
How to apply
Your application should clearly outline how you meet the educational, experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Please cite the job posting name, and send your resume by noon on September 12th, 2022 to:
Health Data Coalition