Interior Health is currently seeking a permanent full time Clinical Informatics Analyst I to join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT)/Community Wide Scheduling (CWS) team located at the Kelowna Warehouse (Reids).
Who are we looking for?
This position will be responsible in providing operational support and training to our user-base. CWS is an application that is specifically used for outpatient scheduling across Interior Health. Some flexibility to work remotely could be available.
Strong customer service, analytical & critical thinking skills and communication skills are required for this position as end-user training is involved.
What will you work on?
The Clinical Informatics Analyst I maintains and supports information systems, which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. Provides user support and training to regional users of software applications.
Some typical duties and responsibilities for this position are:
• Modifies existing application programs by reviewing specifications, coding program changes and making adjustments.
• Gathers information from users to use in designing forms and preparing data flowcharts from existing applications according to established procedures and guidelines.
• Working closely with the senior analyst, team leader, or manager communicates with users to gather information about current system uses. Provides input about new system requirements and implementation processes to the senior analyst.
• In collaboration with the senior analyst, team leader, or manager, support the implementation of system changes and provides user support related to clinical and health information software.
• Assists the senior analyst, team leader, or manager in developing educational training requirements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health… What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in computer programming or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
**The successful candidate will be required to travel to sites to conduct end-user training when required (travel will be required).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE: Job Posting | IH Careers (interiorhealth.ca)