About the Opportunity
We are looking for a recent graduate to join our transportation team in our Kelowna or Kamloops branch as a Civil Engineering Technologist to deliver great service to our clients across Western Canada. Are you looking to join an organization that supports growth and development, flexibility and mentorship opportunities? Let’s connect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly collaborative environment working alongside our team of engineering, planning, and drafting specialists. You will translate high-level conceptual designs into fully constructed projects, from preliminary phases to project completion. The entire spectrum of work is something that our design production team members get to navigate and explore every day.
Coupled with unmatched learning opportunities, you can expect to be involved in the following:
- Developing civil engineering skills and an understanding of best practices in a practical, real-world setting
- Providing drafting and design expertise and support on small-scale and large multi-disciplinary projects
- Supporting project teams with civil drawings, quantity calculations, project coordination and assisting with design changes during construction
- Complete project documentation and file information
- Proactively and professionally communicating with project leaders, liaising with clients, contractors, consultants, co-workers and the general public
- Performing a variety of defined assignments with independent judgment
- Advising the team on technical challenges and troubleshooting
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates of an Engineering Technology program keen to expand their knowledge in the transportation field. We are looking for someone who wants to grow in their field, is curious about civil, and has a passion for building communities. This role can provide you with the freedom to connect with approving authorities and your project teams to better serve clients and the people who live in these communities. The following skills, strengths and interests are an asset for this position:
- You have a keen interest in transportation design
- You have an interest in expanding your understanding of TAC and BC MoTI guidelines and standards
- You are a self-starter that can work independently and collaborate effectively with others
- You have a keen eye for detail and take great pride in your work, in projects both large and small
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- You are registered or eligible for certification with ASTTBC (preferred)
- You demonstrate a commitment to learning through ongoing achievements of personal and professional goals
How to Apply
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity among our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday, November 28, 2022, at 9:00 am PDT