BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING!
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Come find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Spend weekends wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling!
The Information Services Department has an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Applications and GIS Services Supervisor, the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will perform tasks to support activities for departmental and enterprise systems to plan, coordinate, prepare and conduct application installations, upgrades, configuration, and deployments to various environments. We are looking for an experienced systems integrator with exceptional analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills. If you are a motivated and dynamic individual and thrive as being part of an enthusiastic team, please consider this opportunity to join us as a Business Systems Analyst.
THE POSITION WILL BE MAINLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Provide technology planning, business analysis, systems design, and client support services
• Working with Stakeholders on the implementation, configuration, upgrading, maintenance, and support of existing IT Systems (such as
ERP/Finance, Permitting and Licensing, Document Management, SharePoint Online)
• Participate in the planning and coordination of the implementation, configuration and maintenance of various LOB applications
• Assess suitability and design solutions in SharePoint Online and the Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Flow and Power BI)
• Design, develop and customize SharePoint Online team sites, libraries, lists, views, and workflows
• Design solutions based on established best practices for SharePoint integration with other Line of Business applications
• Plan, implement and deliver educational training to meet the learning needs of users within the organization
• Support the organization in all aspects of the development and implementation of Information Systems
• Provide technical support to the other IT teams such as Infrastructure and Security, on deployments, technical environments
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
• Bachelor Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, Business), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related position preferably in local government
• Experience with any of the following applications: Vadim iCity, Tempest, FDM, CityView, SharePoint Online, relational databases and SQL
• Business analysis and architecture experience including providing advice, gathering requirements, and designing solutions
• Proficient in programming languages to support, maintain and customize LOB applications using, SQL, SSRS, PowerShell, Python, etc.
• Project management experience or training – certification an asset
• ITIL Foundations certification is an asset
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively
• Strong customer service and communication skills and ability to establish effective working relationships
• Valid Driver’s License
• Police Information Check
Information for Applicants: The City of West Kelowna has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and continued employment. Candidates who can establish that they cannot be fully vaccinated for a valid reason related to a protected ground under the British Columbia Human Rights Code may request an exemption
Full Time – Permanent | 35 hrs/wk | $43.61/hr | Hybrid Work Schedule | Benefits | Municipal Pension Plan | Earned Time Off Program | Relocation Assistance
How to Apply
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants will need to upload their cover letter, resume and drivers abstract when applying.