Business Process Analyst/ Project Coordinator
eDynamic Learning (eDL) has an exciting opportunity for a Business Process Analyst/ Project Coordinator to join their growing team and assist in analysis and coordination of both current and potential future projects. Success requires being able to thrive in a fast paced, deadline-driven, changing environment.
eDL along with Knowledge Matters develops online career and elective courses for middle and high school students as well as career-based simulations in the K12 and college market. Our courses and simulations help students discover their interests, find their passions, and prepare for their future.
We’re looking for the right person to grow with this position, and the organization. The position will report into the Director, Program Management based in Kelowna, BC but the position is open to applicants anywhere in Canada.
eDL is an innovative, high energy, fun organization, employees are mission-driven, collaborative and have a strong work ethic. They embody the company’s values (see below).
Employees adhere and uphold the following in their day-to-interactions with colleagues and customers:
- Do the Right thing – we act with integrity.
- Deliver a quality experience – we seek ways to delight, engage and assist.
- Improve continually – we go beyond the status quo and believe details matter.
- Committed to the future – we build the courses that students want to take.
- Find a way to say yes – we come to work every day with a can-do attitude and approach each challenge with enthusiasm and immediacy.
- Work smart – we believe that every learner and employee values their time and we focus on developing easy and efficient solutions.
What you’ll do:
- The Business Process Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and defining processes, procedures and operational requirements to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
What you’ll do
The Business Process Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and defining processes, procedures and operational requirements to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Identify, analyze, and assess business opportunities, processes, and workflows for operational process improvements.
- Produce both high level and detailed workflow diagrams and documentation.
- Improve systems and processes by studying current practices and documenting requirements for the company stakeholders and the technical teams.
- Interact with company stakeholders to understand their needs and manage expectations, ensuring that projects have a clear scope and requirements are well defined.
- Assigning work to members of a team and ensuring tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Supervise and motivate project groups in hybrid waterfall and agile environments to ensure all milestones and project objectives are achieved on time and on budget — working with the Director, Program Management to make it happen.
- Prioritize project needs based on tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources, and deadlines.
- Coordinate resolution of project issues and/or delays to reduce the impact on the project and ensure timely implementation.
- Regular communication of project updates, critical issues, implications, and progress to project team and stakeholders.
- Set up and maintain project files to ensure that all information is appropriately documented and secured.
What we are looking for:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Business Process Management/ Business Analyst or related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, and MS Visio (or equivalent)
- Organizational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Team player and coaching abilities
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What would make you stand out:
- Experience in simulation development, video game development, application development or similar projects
- Related analytical experience conducting process analysis, documenting business rules, system and business requirements
- Experience working in a scrum/agile environment
- Experience with Smartsheet
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in company bonus plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start, plus an additional paid week off over the holidays
- Extended health and dental benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Flexible working hours and location
- A culture that values work-life balance and employee recognition
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by June 10, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted. If you do not submit a cover letter, you will not make “the list”. If your CV or cover letter have typos, you will not make “the list”.