WTFast – the world leader in low latency internet route optimization since 2009. We were the first to truly innovate in this space, literally flipping the Internet model upside down. We have created an amazing plug and play networking solution, powered by real-time statistics and an expert system. With 12 granted patents, and more to come, we are re-inventing the Internet. We are a talented team based out of Kelowna that likes to create amazing technologies to solve latency issues for online gaming.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Software Developer, who will work with the Build & Release Team. This position will be responsible for performing tasks associated with the build and deploy processes. You will prepare and execute build scripts and troubleshoot any build-related issues.
What We Value
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humor. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- World class; you have a natural tendency to be innovative and cutting edge using creative problem solving.
- Customer focused; listening and understanding first before acting with a strong desire to always be helpful, professional and respectful.
- A team player; teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- Accountable; you value accuracy and take ownership with a data driven approach.
You understand these measures and can move the needle in the right direction.
The role responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing and implementing scalable software solutions
- Setting up infrastructure
- Developing CI/CD Pipelines
- Develop Build Automation
- Assist with Product Development
- Maintain and Enhance source control system, software configuration management system, continuous integration environment, and build/deployment tools to successfully and efficiently release code to production
- Performing root cause investigation to failures in build process
- Acting as a point of knowledge within the team and wider function on the builds available
- Design and maintain the build and deployment solutions across teams
- Day-to-day support of the Development Build process
- Liaise with team members and across departments to align efforts on shared deliverables, detail timelines.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages and better assist other team member,
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with building and releasing software for routers
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in analyzing processes, initiatives and systems
- Working Knowledge of script writing and experience with test automation
- Experience with Jira, Linux and Postman
- Knowledge of industry standard best practices of software testing
- Experience in automated testing methodologies, frameworks, and tools
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, big fixing and testing protocols.
- Programming experience with ZAPTEST, selenium, or cypress
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field
- Love of video games and knowledge of the gaming industry a bonus
- Familiarity with working in an agile environment (using Jira to communicate / track progress)
Our greatest asset is our people. In addition to our dedicated, innovative and collaborative atmosphere we offer eligible employees;
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental care
- Minimum 20 days paid time off
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work Remotely
How to Apply
Please apply to the link below!