Who We Are:
Accelerate Okanagan (AO) is a not-for-profit business accelerator that exists to give entrepreneurs the mentorship, connections and community they need to build technology-driven ventures. The Okanagan technology industry moves quickly, which requires us to be creative, adaptable, and thoughtful. We are guided by the following values:
- Innovation: We choose boldness, act with agility and learn from failure.
- Inclusivity: We are intentional collaborators, creating brave spaces for every voice.
- Focus: We are effective in our delivery, accountable for results, and clear on our purpose.
- Sustainability: We support businesses, balanced founders, and healthy communities.
These values drive our three areas of focus, Engage the Willing, Unlock the Capital, and Coach the Leaders which facilitate growth of the innovation ecosystem in the Okanagan region.
The Brand & Communications Lead will work directly with the Brand & Communications Manager to implement and execute Accelerate Okanagan’s brand strategy. The role is a full-time, 15-month contract position for a Brand and Communications Lead. The role is to cover a maternity leave and has the potential to become a permanent position. The ideal candidate is passionate about content creation, is a strong project coordinator, and has a love for providing great brand experiences both on and offline.
- Lead promotional campaigns and storytelling for AO’s various initiatives.
- Lead content creation and delivery for communications channels including; social media, newsletters, and websites.
- Ensure brand, style, and writing guidelines are adhered to.
- Create a content schedule and ensure it is adhered to.
- Work with the AO team to create strong brand experiences, both online and in person.
- Research and write short-form and long-form content (newsletters, webpages, blogs, social, reports).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with digital content creation (newsletter, websites, social content).
- Sense of ownership and initiative; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Resourceful; ready to problem solve, learn, and adapt.
- Empathetic and collaborative; able to develop meaningful relationships both internally and externally.
- Passion for entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation.
- Experience with Hubspot, Adobe, WordPress, and Google Analytics is a plus.
- A marketing or communications degree is a plus
Annual Base Salary: $50,000-$55,000
We recognize that the annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, well-being resources, and other perks including:
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- $500/year health & wellness spending account
- $500/year budget for professional development training
- Starting vacation policy of 3 weeks, plus additional time off between Christmas and New Years
At Accelerate Okanagan, we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We welcome the unique contributions that you might bring from your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
Application deadline: September 13, 2023
Desired start date: November 1, 2023
How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the APPLY NOW button below