We have the privilege of supporting one of Canada’s biggest retail giants with locations from coast to coast they have been an industry leader since their inception almost a century ago. With locations across the country, we have been tasked with growing their Merritt location team with the addition of another Automotive Service Advisor!
This role is the link between the automotive technicians and the customers and is essential in the function of the department. The Automotive Service Advisor communicates directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Understands customer needs and provides them with a complete solution.
- Manages customer concerns and problems promptly.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Completes and reviews repair orders with customers.
- Estimates cost and time for service and repairs needs. Ensures final invoice is the same as estimate and vehicle is delivered on time.
- Acts as liaison between customers and technicians and manages the status of work orders.
- Schedules service and repair appointments.
- Operates computerized work order systems.
- Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components of automobiles.
- Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
- Basic math and keyboarding skills.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
- Experience in a similar role
- Valid driver’s license for province of employment.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Manager and/or Parts Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Work environment involves occupational hazards associated with working in a garage
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent, and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for-Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting position please email: