Hexagon Purus, a Hexagon Composites company, is a world leading provider of hydrogen type 4 high-pressure cylinders, battery packs and vehicle systems integration for fuel cell electric and battery electric vehicles. Hexagon Purus enables zero emission solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, ground storage, distribution, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions. Hexagon Composites has 1200 employees across 23 global locations.
Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a Controls Test & Validation Engineer to work out of our Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada office. If you are looking to work for an engineering centric organization that values sustainability and is working towards Clean Air Everywhere, then we are the place for you.
Reporting to the Controls Engineering Lead, the Controls Test & Validation Engineer will create, maintain, audit, and improve software systems to meet customer and internal project needs. They will be testing both hardware and software systems both independently and, in the loop, to diagnose and resolve system faults.
- Perform Electric Vehicle (EV) System testing.
- Perform EV components integration and bench testing.
- Perform MATLAB model simulation testing.
- Verify, validate, release, troubleshoot, EV systems and components.
- Perform and document end-of-line testing for EV systems.
- Analyzing and simulating electrical and electronic models for verification and test requirements.
- Develop testing and validation documentation.
- Participating in execution and documentation of tests.
- Executing test plans and documenting possible improvements; identifying disruptions in the processes.
- Capture logs and instances of software testing that needs to be improved.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the software development team for future product improvements.
- Work with software controls engineers on system improvements.
- Develop scripts that analyze specific scenarios that the team would like further insight on.
- Develop and maintain requirements, test plans, and diagnostics presentations and reports.
- Develop and document fault troubleshooting tree for system diagnostics.
- Field support.
- Find bugs in controls software and suggest improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications, Experience, Education
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry work experience.
- Expertise in CAN Communication and J1939 standard.
- Expertise in CAN communication tools (Vector CANalyzer, Kvaser, bus master, PCAN etc.).
- Expertise in heavy duty vehicle diagnostics testing and development, including the On-Board Diagnostic requirements.
- Experience in electrical harness designing.
- Experience with New Eagle/Raptor environment for development and testing.
- Experience in Functional Safety ISO26262 and AUTOSAR software development.
- Knowledge about MATLAB and Simulink model-based programming.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and a desire to create solutions.
- Must have demonstrated and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with internal and external customers; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to write correspondence that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and effective communication with diverse levels within company and external customer organizations.
- Prior experience working under tight deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Must have the ability to work in sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math principles and procedures, ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have above average MS Office skills.
- Valid passport with ability to travel to USA.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time. This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed boots.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, criminal conviction and political belief.
How to Apply
click link below to apply: