At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for an Audio-Visual Designer to join our team. This role can be remote anywhere in Canada. The AV Designer will report to the AV Services and Operations Manager and will work closely with other designers and the operations team.
Working with the Audio-Visual team, you will be responsible for the Design and Documentation of a variety of audio visual, including video conferencing, Classroom Technologies, and all related components. Projects can consist of single to small meeting rooms to large integrated rooms, including unified communications. As Audio Visual Designer, you will combine your technical aptitude for developing end user focused audio-visual and collaboration technology experiences with the end user and sales team.
Applicants from experienced Lead Technicians or Programmers that are looking for a change in their career path will also be considered. Well-rounded knowledge of the latest AV technologies and an excellent understanding of Commissioning processes are considered an asset.
- Design AV systems that meet all customer needs using latest technologies
- Work with the Sales Team to develop accurate SOW’s
- Create line drawings and elevations when required
- Assist in the Sales cycle as a Subject Matter Expert when required
- Provide an accurate list of all required consumables and miscellaneous supplies for designs
- Have a good understanding of construction methods and installation techniques for a variety of AV Products
- Able to support the service team from time to time with complex troubleshooting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of AV manufacturers such as Crestron, Extron, Poly, Teams, QSC, Shure, Biamp etc.
- Clear understanding of best AV practices and design
- Understanding of Avixa standards in installation, rack building and commissioning
- Ability to interpret and understand Construction CAD Drawings
- Work well alone and with others
- Good listening skills, and ability to take direction
- Strong customer service
- Attention to detail
- Solid knowledge & understanding of control & audio & video systems design: Crestron, Extron QSC, Polycom, Cisco, Microsoft (MS) Skype for Business (SFB), etc.
- Any industry related courses, or experience is an asset
- Avixa CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D, or any other manufacturer certification would be considered an asset
- Advance knowledge of:
1. Audio (DSP, DANTE, AVB, wireless microphones), control, video (DM, XTP, Streaming), video conferencing (Polycom, Cisco, SFB)
2. In-room scheduling solutions
3. Video walls
4. Digital signage
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://www.microserve.ca/jobs/audio-visual-designer/