Do you have a passion for creating amazing customer-focused digital experiences?
If the answer is yes, we are looking for you! Become an important part of our team as an Applications Developer and help the City of Kelowna create the digital city of the future.
As an Applications Developer, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications to connect citizens to city services
- Collaborate with developers and stakeholders to modernize online service delivery
- Create and maintain a seamless digital experience across a range of platforms and applications
- Modernize internal productivity applications with a focus on user experience
- Maintain and enhance a multi-site CMS that manages a range of city and regional websites
- Customize third party applications to follow city branding and standards
- Perform accessibility testing along with cross-browser and device testing
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant experience building rich, user-friendly web-based user interfaces
- Previous experience working in an agile environment
- An understanding of modern user experience and user interface design (UX/UI)
- Experience with DevOps, Jira, Confluence and source code management, such as Subversion and GIT
- Experience working with Azure or Docker an asset
Help create Kelowna as a City of the Future. Our diverse and dynamic team strives to innovate to make things better, work as one team, serve proudly and lead responsibly. Kelowna boasts miles of lake access, public areas and outdoor recreation opportunities, a vibrant downtown and cultural scene, healthy and connected neighbourhoods, and a world-renowned College and University. While we think Kelowna is the best place to live and work, we will consider applicants who are wanting to work remotely, provided they reside within BC.
Grow your career in an organization that supports employee work-life balance and career and professional development. This is a CUPE bargaining unit position with employer-paid comprehensive benefits, an earned day off program, 3 weeks paid vacation and one of Canada’s top pension plans along with an hourly rate starting at $45.87 per hour.
How to Apply
For further information or to apply, please check our website at www.kelowna.ca/careers
Applications must be received by end of day January 13, 2023
Applicants not contacted within three weeks of the closing date are thanked for their interest