About the Opportunity
Our Kelowna branch is currently looking to add an enthusiastic Administrative Project Coordinator to our professional services consulting team. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and engage in a range of activities that support administration and project delivery. In this dynamic role, you will work independently and on a collaborative team to help ensure that we are seen as an organization that takes its work seriously from inception to completion, with a professional and creative approach.
Come put your professional, administrative and problem-solving skills to work on our team, where our mission is to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
More specifically, as an Administrative Project Coordinator, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Project Coordination – proactively coordinating projects throughout all phases from initiation to completion. Monitor project schedules, pull reports, draft documents, communicate with project partners, organize records and documentation for project leaders’ review, coordinate formal document preparation, and administrative details as needed.
- Contract Administrative Support – assist with the preparation and posting of tenders and other contract documents. During construction, work closely with project leaders to complete contract administration documentation and letters.
- Document Production – with a creative eye, develop and format, according to Urban Systems brand standards, a variety of documents such as project correspondence, reports, proposals, presentations, community engagement materials, schedules, and spreadsheets.
- Quality Control – work closely with team members to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and financial documents to ensure adherence to quality control systems.
- Team Coordination – follow team schedules, project status and milestone dates. Coordinate team meetings, take meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Financial Support – track budgets in Excel, expenditures, and cost approvals. Verify financial information, provide regular updates to project leaders, support invoice coding and tracking, and prepare and edit client documents required by provincial/ regulatory auditors.
Are you a self-starter who is eager to learn new things and work with a diverse group of people while maintaining a positive attitude under pressure and competing deadlines? Does this list reflect your skills, strengths, and abilities? Our ideal candidate has 2 or more years of experience or equivalent education in the field of Business Administration or similar, ideally in community consulting or a similar environment.
Does this list reflect your skills, strengths and abilities?
- Strong service orientation – seeks to understand the needs of the team and internal clients before responding to requests to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Entrepreneurial attitude – takes initiative on assignments and tasks to go the extra mile, improve systems and procedures and expand personal skills.
- Positive outlook and highly developed interpersonal skills – the ability to quickly develop a rapport with staff and clients (internal and external).
- Technically proficient and experienced with all Microsoft Office programs – knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Document Review – confident with formatting documents and ability to see opportunities for enhancing the document content outside of the ask.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills – writing, compiling and developing the framework proposals, reports, memos, letters, and meeting minutes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate thoughtfully and thoroughly with team members and clients.
- Analytical skills/experience – numbers don’t scare you; you have basic knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for opportunities to participate in challenging stormwater projects and work with multiple stakeholders? Join a diverse and supportive group of professionals at Urban Systems and take part in impactful work building vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as a team member at Urban Systems:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more. This position will have a salary range of $58,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The range is negotiable based on your skillset and experience.
- Paid Time Off. We encourage all team members to take time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones. Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Learn and grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important projects for our clients and their communities.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work. We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term retirement goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program that matches your contributions to an RRSP or TSFA.
- Support through Transitions. You will be supported through life’s moments and transitions, big or small, including generous top-up for parental leave.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday, January 22, 2024 at 9:00 am PST