Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed Permanent Full Time Administrative Assistant to support the Pharmacy department. This position is based out of the Community Health and Services Centre in beautiful and sunny Kelowna, B.C.
What Will You Work On?
The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department or program informed and aligned to its priorities. Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department or program.
Some Duties Include:
1. Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
2. Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
3. Provides general administrative support by:
• opening and screening daily mail
• acknowledging letters and composing correspondence for signature
• providing supporting information where required
• proofing mailings for spelling, grammar, and clear understanding
• preparing and typing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential reports, and other documents
• responding to administrative requests and inquiries
• protecting the security of confidential information by maintaining private files and typing private correspondence.
4. Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
5. Assists with maintaining the department or program web page.
6. Coordinates and standardizes the implementation of new and existing technology within the department or program.
Who Are We Looking For?
Along with your organization, attention to detail, knowledge and skills, we are looking for a candidate that can make a difference and takes pride in their career to work in our fast-paced environment. You will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the health care system.
How Will You Create An Impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health:
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment. We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong administrative skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
• Grade 12 diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately $44,088 to $55,110 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE: Job Posting | IH Careers (interiorhealth.ca)