Platinum Recruiting has started working with a very successful & niche business that manufactures wooden utility poles and wooden structures all across Canada and the United States. With roots dating back to over a century in the Okanagan they have established themselves as an industry leader in North America and have clients ranging in all types of industries and fields.
Our client is looking to add to their team with the addition of Accounts Payable Clerk!
The primary purpose of this position is to support our clients accounting team and process the weekly contractor payables pay runs.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with initiative to complete a job with excellence. Ideally someone that is a self-starter, reliable and dependable.
- High school diploma
- Post-Secondary Accounting courses
- Forestry experience is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office and Dynamics AX
- An inventory system within a manufacturing environment
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong team player, willing to help others within the department or within other departments
- To analyze and communicate the financial impact of the manufacturing process to management
- To work independently as well as part of a team
- To service both internal and external clients, providing the information they need in an understandable manner and timely fashion
- To put in the extra effort to meet deadlines
- To come up with possible solutions to a problem and present them for discussion
- Additional duties as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to travel to the US (potentially once a year)
- 8-hour shift – Monday to Friday
How to Apply
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org