Platinum Recruiting is working with a provincial company who are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to support them on a 12 month contract position at their Kelowna location.
The role will entail
Process accounts payable invoices including:
- verify arithmetic calculations, currency of payment, quantities and merchandise on source documents such as invoices, expense statements and payment requisitions;
- evaluate invoices to determine correct tax compliance, including GST Input Tax Credit and appropriate documents, PST including self assessments, Non-Resident Tax and Harmonized Sales Tax;
- Utilize SAP AP and PO modules to match invoices to the correct receipt and purchase order;
- manage large dollar invoices using programs such as Excel;
- reconcile Our client vendor accounts to vendor statements, reconcile differences and resolve problems with the vendor;
- determine and deduct appropriate builders’ lien holdback;
- check invoice approvals, including signatures, cost center and authority level;
- provide missing coding data to accounts payable documents including researching using OF systems plus
- inquiries with Our client personnel; and,
- enter data into a computer terminal.
Answer inquiries, both written and verbal, regarding accounts payable matters, including:
- vendor account inquiries.
- tax treatment inquiries; and,
- Our clients employee inquiries.
Provide monthly support to the accounts payable analyst in administering the Visa credit card program:
- respond to inquiries using web-based programs.
- download and transfer transaction data.
- review distribution code assignments.
- resolve customer inquiries; and,
- determine and assign appropriate tax codes.
Process electronic invoices using web-based technology.
Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
For this position you will need to have completed a Financial Accounting 1 and Financial Accounting 2 courses of the CGA program, or equivalent, have 1 year experience directly related relevant work experience and an understanding of current federal and provincial tax regulations where applicable (i.e.: goods and service tax, provincial sales tax, harmonized sales tax and non-resident tax).
It goes without saying that you will have used accounting software programs and Microsoft Suite and ideally have experience of web-based software (i.e. Pathwaynet). If you have basic knowledge of Provincial Builders’ Liens and Federal Holdback Act that is advantageous
Due to the nature of this role, you should be able to Accurately and enter data at high speed as well as calculation and typing skills. (Must be able to enter data at a rate of 9,000 keystrokes per hour.)
How to Apply
So, if this position sounds like a perfect fit for your skills and experience, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Accounts Payable Clerk.